fbpx
Blog image

Stop 3: St. Pete, Florida’s Secret Crown Jewel

By : April 16, 2021 Comments Off
You had me at hello. Although I met awesome people and ate great food in Austin, I was ready to leave its car culture and winter freeze behind. From the moment I left the airport, I felt like I had been transported into a different dimension. With the tropical breeze against my skin, I suddenly found myself at ease. The Tampa Bay Area is truly one of Florida’s best-kept secrets. With all of the “Florida man” headlines, swamps and sinkholes, and the Cheeto Supreme situation in South Florida, I can see how easy it is for it to get lost in the chaos. It’s a decently sized blue area in what I consider to be the most “WTF state in America.” The entire region is worth exploring, but St. Petersburg -
Read more
Blog image

I’m What The Kids Call A ‘Content Creator’

By : March 30, 2021 Comments Off
Last December, I started as an official creator for the app Likee (pronounced like-ee). If you’re unfamiliar with it, I best explain it as the lovechild of Twitch and TikTok. What I mean by “official” here is that I have a signed contract that lets me get paid to be there. Yes, really. Your boy has finally arrived. Kinda.  I have for most of my adult life wanted to have a job that I liked. That it would be fulfilling enough that even if the pay were abysmal, my soul would be satisfied. The truth of every dream job lies therein ― it is but a dream. Intangible and unrealistic. Anything worth having and doing well at takes energy, hard work, and time. Like many others, I thought being a
Read more
Blog image

Stop 2: Don’t Mess with Texas

By : March 9, 2021 Comments Off
After a wild ride in Mexico, I was ready to return to the US, faults and all. For those of you that haven’t been following along, I’m on a 12 cities in 12 months tour for 2021 and chronicling my adventures.  My trek back to the good ol’  US of A started at 6 AM as I drove from Playa del Carmen to Cancun. It took me 50 minutes to make a 38 minute drive. I was an embarrassment to myself but I was determined to drive like a snail so I could avoid extortion during my last few hours in Mexico. It’s a good thing I took that approach because less than five minutes on the road, two cars flew by me and the third car was who? La
Read more
Blog image

Food Adventures: Austin

By : March 9, 2021 01 Comment
Hello! Thank you for checking out my food adventures during my month in Austin. I've provided some quick notes on each place for your next trip. Enjoy. Péché208 W 4th St, Austin, TX 78701 Note: If you want to be fancy, hold your pinky out like this, and check out Péché. They pride themselves on sinful cocktails. Halcyon218 W 4th St, Austin, TX 78701 Note: In the middle of the gayborhood. One of my favorite places. Drag shows on Saturday afternoon. Lick Honest Ice Creams1100 S Lamar Blvd #1135, Austin, TX 78704 Note: OK, so I didn't actually make it here but I was said I needed a comfort snack. This did the trick. Scholz Garten1607 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701 Note: Great selection of Bavarian beers. The pretzels
Read more
Blog image

Stop 1: Mischief in Mexico

By : March 2, 2021 Comments Off
My 2021 adventure is officially off to the races! In case you missed the prelude, I will be traveling to 12 Cities in 12 months throughout the year. My first stop on the adventure: Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Okay, okay, I know what you're thinking: if you're supposed to be exploring different cities in America, why are you in Mexico?  Mexico made the list for two reasons:  1. If T***p was reelected, I planned for it to be my escape pod.   2. I knew that if he lost, there would be some drama in January and I wanted to be nowhere near the US when it happened. Before the election, I spent a great deal of time researching different cities in Mexico for ex-pats and LGBTQ people. I've been to
Read more
Blog image

Food Adventures: Mexico

By : March 2, 2021 01 Comment
Hello! Thank you for checking out my food adventures during my month in Mexico. I've provided some quick notes on each place for your next trip. Enjoy. Must Hits Primo Avenida 10, C. 14 Nte esquina, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico Note: Quality food. Great service. Great for people watching. Los Hijos Del Mar. 77720, 30 Avenida Nte. LB, Gonzalo Guerrero, Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico Note: Nice local spot. Off the beaten path a bit. Chez Céline Av 5ta, Calle 34 Nte Esquina, Solidaridad, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico Note: French bakery that also serves breakfast. Everything is great. Except the tiramisu. Everything else is fire though. Mu. Burgerhouse Av. 10 10 Avenida Norte, C. 24 Nte, Quintas del Carmen, 77720 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico Note:
Read more